Saturday, August 25, 2012

Berry Kiwi Oatmeal

My two weeks of professional development training are over! Next time I return to the school, it will be with actual students. Hurray!


This also means summer is coming to an end, and I'm on a frantic mission to enjoy all the summer fruits while they're still around. With a bowl of oatmeal, naturally. :)


Berry Kiwi Oatmeal

by The Oatmeal Artist
Prep Time: 2 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1 cup milk of choice, or water
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
  • 1/4 cup (or more) fresh or frozen blueberry (or any berry)
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/8 tsp cinnamon
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 kiwi, peeled
Instructions
  1. Bring milk (I use an equal mixture of almond milk and water) to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to medium. (If you'd like to add flax or chia seeds, do so now.)
  2. If using frozen berries, add now. If using fresh, wait. Give the oats a minute to cook on their own.
  3. Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add vanilla extract, a tiny pinch of salt, and cinnamon. Stir.
  4. Peel kiwi and dice into the saucepan.
  5. If you'd like to add any extra ingredients (coconut oil, dried fruit, nuts, sunflower seeds), do so now.
  6. When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, add berries (if using fresh) and gently fold them into the oats. Transfer to a bowl. Serve with another splash of your milk of choice and any other additional toppings (shredded coconut, nuts, more berries/kiwi, etc.).
Powered by Recipage


**You can also find hundreds of other oatmeal recipes (as well as tons of other meatless recipes) on my Pinterest account!  You can also like The Oatmeal Artist on Facebook. Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to have stumbled on your blog! I love oatmeal too and can't wait to try some of your recipes out!

    Emilie
    www.liveeatsmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you are AWESOME!!! I found your blog through Kathy of Happy.Healthy.Life. ! I just LOVE your website. I eat raw soaked oats every morning, but I'm definitely going to start using some of your recipes and just make them raw! Your story is great about how you became veg. I'm vegan, and write my own blog too, and I hope it is okay with you but I added you to my blogroll! I don't keep up with a ton of blogs and only have about 5 I love, but seriously yours has made the list. I love your recipes and your website, and you've got great taste in food!

    I was wondering if you have an email subscription so I can get regular posts by email?:)

    Thanks!:)
    From another Oatmeal Lovin' Fellow Blogger,
    Heather @
    www.soulfulspoon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wowwwww! Thanks so much! I'm so flattered! I enjoy raw soaked oats occasionally (I have two recipes on here), but I much prefer them warm. I have definitely considered that most of them would work as refrigerator recipes, though!

      If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you should find an email subscription box. :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for another fantastic post
    taruhan bola

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 Studies REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    This means that you literally get rid of fat by eating coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from major medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...