Saturday, March 2, 2013

Tip: Segmenting Citrus

I haven't done a how-to post in a while, and it occurred to me this morning that I could show you how I segment oranges. It's something I've given instructions on, but never elaborated or shown pictures of, so VOILA, here it is! It's so easy that I narrowed it down to five steps. 


And coming later (next week), I'll provide you another (really delicious!!!) recipe to use these orange segments. :)

1. Cut the orange in half (through its waist, if you will).



2. Run a small paring knife along both edges of each segment.


3. Run the knife along the parts of the segments that attach to the white pith (the skin).


4. Dig out the segment with your knife or with a small spoon.


5. Place directly into saucepan for cooking or set in a bowl for later!

**You can also find hundreds of other oatmeal recipes (as well as tons of other meatless recipes) on my Pinterest account!  You can also like The Oatmeal Artist on Facebook. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Segmenting Citrus" from the "Sunny Side Up In The Cloud" section in their catalogue. When it comes to classic rock, these seven pieces are more than worth mentioning; there's no better way for those of you Focus Group Transcription Service who've never heard this band or any other one before – particularly if someone is looking forward (or still has a desire) back in 1999-2000 and want some much needed inspiration with today 'tonight's new songs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...