Friday, June 14, 2013

3 New Overnight Oat Recipes!

Overnight oatmeal has been my "thing" for a few months now, which inevitably resulted in me creating recipes that were never shared with you. Most of them align with my stove-top recipes, so I didn't feel too guilty about it. However, lately, I've been enjoying these so much that I just had to put them on your radar!

Mocha Overnight Oatmeal (Adapted from Mocha Oatmeal)

by The Oatmeal Artist
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: Overnight
Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
  • 1/2 cup milk of choice
  • 1/2 a banana, mashed, or 2 tsp maple syrup
  • 1/8 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
  • 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules
  • 1 (rounded) tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
  • 1 tsp chia seeds
  • pinch of salt
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a mason jar.
  2. Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
  3. Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours). Eat cold or warm up in the microwave!
Powered by Recipage

Thin Mints Overnight Oatmeal

by The Oatmeal Artist
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: Overnight
Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1/2 cup regular rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
  • 1/2 cup milk of choice
  • 1/2 a banana, mashed, or 2 tsp maple syrup
  • 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
  • 1 tbsp + 1 tsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
  • 1 tsp chia seeds
  • pinch of salt
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a mason jar.
  2. Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
  3. Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours). Eat cold or warm up in the microwave!
Powered by Recipage



Peach Pie Overnight Oatmeal

by The Oatmeal Artist
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: Overnight
Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
  • 1/2 cup milk of choice
  • 1 yellow peach (peeled or unpeeled, doesn't matter)
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp apple or pumpkin pie spices (or just cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg)
  • 1 tsp chia or flax seeds (optional)
  • 1/8 tsp molasses
  • pinch of salt
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a mason jar.
  2. Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
  3. Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours). Eat cold or warm up in the microwave!
Powered by Recipage

**You can also find hundreds of other oatmeal recipes (as well as tons of other meatless recipes) on my Pinterest account!  You can also like The Oatmeal Artist on Facebook. Thanks!

16 comments:

  1. I find that hidden banana oatmeal works excellent on the stovetop or in the microwave because the banana is able to melt and get equally distributed throughout. But I have been having a lot of trouble creating the same consistency in my overnight oats. The banana seems to stay in chunks and doesn't evenly distribute the sweetness. Tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have this issue, too, but I think I've gotten so used to it that it doesn't bother me anymore. You could try putting all the wet ingredients (or basically everything except the oats or anything else you want to stay "whole") in a small blender so it will be almost pureed. That way the bananas are distributed throughout the mixture before the oats even come into the picture. Let me know if you have any success!

      Delete
    2. i now make my overnight oats in mason jars specifically so that i can give it a good shake a couple of times between when i mix it up and when i eat it up. this eliminated any mixing problems i've had.

      just my $0.02 worth.

      Delete
  2. Each one looks better than the next! I want to try them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Tis the season for overnight oats! Can't wait to try these :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever made a variation of salted caramel pretzel overnight oatmeal? I think that'd be yummmmmmmy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be delicious, but I'd have to make my own caramel with vegan ingredients to be satisfied with it, and that would take a lot of work. :P

      Delete
  5. If you didn't want to use a banana, what would you substitute it with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2-3 chopped dates OR 1 tbsp of liquid sweetener (maple syrup, agave, honey, etc.) :)

      Delete
  6. Would it make much difference if i omitted chia seed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I skip the chia seed all the time. But it's much better with it. :)

      Delete
  7. What could you substitute the molasses with?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This morning I had Mocha Overnight Oatmeal warmed up and topped with mashed banana and dark chocolate chips. It. Was. Phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...