Sunday, June 30, 2013

Oatmeal Recipes for Pie Lovers!

You know what I don't like? Cake. I blame my mother. She's an accountant, but she decorates cakes on the side. I've licked one too many frosting-covered beaters and eaten about a hundred too many leftover cupcakes. Sure, I'll make an exception for "specialty" cakes like this Black Forest Cake, but most cakes I will scoff at out of principle.

When people don't accept that explanation, I just say, "I'd rather have a nice slice of pie." And then everyone's on the same page again, because who doesn't like pie?!

Here is a round-up of my BEST pie-inspired oatmeal recipes!





Creamy like mousse, this oatmeal is layered to resemble the traditional
French Silk Pie.




This one goes beyond breakfast norms and is more like a healthified
dessert. Who needs birthday cake?




Did you know pumpkin pie is my favorite dessert? Out of ALL
the desserts? I mean, tiramisu is in a close second, but I'll never turn down
the spiced, creamy goodness of pumpkin pie.




This recipe was created "blindly." That is, I created
it without ever having tried sweet potato pie before. Fear not! I tried the real deal
just a couple weeks afterwards and can now vouch for its authentic (and delicious) flavor!




Who cares that I cheated and used "regular" limes instead of a key lime? This
"pie" comes together overnight and requires no baking. Hizzah!

Looking for more pies? Check out Coconut Cream Pie Oatmeal, Apple Pie Oatmeal, and the ever popular Banana Cream Pie Overnight Oatmeal!

On another note, I met up with a reader, Kelly, yesterday in NYC. She's a dietitian studying for her master's at Boston University. You can check out her blog here. We decided to meet at Oat Meals (where else?!). Here's a picture of Kelly with her cold cherry and almond oatmeal!


I tried one of the savory oatmeals. I ordered Bacon Pumpkin Oatmeal, with veggie bacon. To be honest, it was more sweet than savory (due to the lackluster veggie bacon, sadly). The server tried to talk me out of it, but I didn't listen. Regardless, I still enjoyed it! I mean, hello....pumpkin! Also, he told me that their pumpkin puree is vegan and does not contain butter. :)
'

Anyway, I challenge you to try all of my pie recipes and tell me which one's your favorite! ;)
**You can also find hundreds of other oatmeal recipes (as well as tons of other meatless recipes) on my Pinterest account!  You can also like The Oatmeal Artist on Facebook. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. 3 Researches REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by consuming Coconut Fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete

  2. شركة نقل عفش
    اهم شركات مكافحة حشرات بالخبر كذلك معرض اهم شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام والخبر والجبيل والخبر والاحساء والقطيف كذلك شركة رش حشرات بالدمام ومكافحة الحشرات بالخبر
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة الجوهرة من افضل شركات تنظيف الخزانات بجدة حيث ان تنظيف خزانات بجدة يحتاج الى مهارة فى كيفية غسيل وتنظيف الخزانات الكبيرة والصغيرة بجدة على ايدى متخصصين فى تنظيف الخزانات بجدة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
    شركة نقل عفش واثاث

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...