Saturday, September 14, 2013

Strawberry Pineapple Oatmeal

If you haven't already done so....please check out my new recipe index at your earliest convenience! Over the month of August, I spent hours (at least 30) plugging in all my recipes (all 200+ of them!) to a professional formatter. You've probably noticed that my blog displays recipes differently than they used to (and you can Pin and Tweet directly from the recipe), but the other intention was to have a more attractive recipe index. So click on "Recipe Index" above and "oooh" and "ahhhh" at all the prettiness!


Once you do that, come back and try this new recipe. It's less than five ingredients, which I think is always a plus. I really appreciate a recipe that stars fruit and only fruit...no expensive extracts or nuts necessary!

As you might be able to tell from the pictures, I used quick-cook steel-cut oats for this recipe. Still, I know my readers mostly use rolled oats, so I will continue to list the recipe as such. But look at this porridge:  isn't it so delightfully creamy? Seriously, I like the quick-cook version more than actual steel-cut oats. So creamy!



I wish more pineapple showed up in these pictures, but just know that pineapple flavors oatmeal beautifully, which is why extra ingredients like vanilla extract are superfluous. The two fruits really complement each other in a pleasant way, so even though it's an easy and simple recipe, it won't disappoint you.

Strawberry Pineapple Oatmeal

by The Oatmeal Artist
Prep Time: 2 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1 cup milk of choice
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
  • 1/2 cup fresh or frozen pineapple, diced
  • 5 or more fresh strawberries
  • pinch of salt
Instructions
  1. Bring milk (I use 1/2 c almond milk and 1/2 c water) to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to medium. (If you'd like to add a teaspoon of flax or chia seeds, do so now.)
  2. Add diced pineapple immediately and stir.
  3. Once more of the liquid has absorbed, dice two of your strawberries into the sauce pan, add salt, and stir.
  4. When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Top with remaining strawberries (quartered or diced) and add a splash of your milk of choice and any other additional toppings (shredded coconut, nuts, etc.).
Powered by Recipage

**You can also find hundreds of other oatmeal recipes (as well as tons of other meatless recipes) on my Pinterest account!  You can also like The Oatmeal Artist on Facebook. Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, really looking forward to trying this one out! Pineapple and strawberries are two of my favourite fruits :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the work you've done for the recipe index but is there a way to still show all your recipes from A-Z on one page? Some mornings I have absolutely no idea what I want to eat, and the previous list was useful because I could just scroll through and pick out a random interesting-sounding recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never eaten oatmeal with pineapple, I want to change it , because yours looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't make the mistake of adding the pineapple too early, it gives the oatmeal a real nasty sour taste -_-

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...