Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Cranberry Baked Oatmeal

A couple weeks ago, I introduced my Cranberry Brownie Baked Oatmeal. Of course, that was delicious (CHOCOLATE); however, this time I wanted to try something more wholesome, and something that would let the cranberries have their moment.

The recipe calls for a half cup of cranberries, but I used even more. I measured with my hands and added one large handful and another smaller handful. I wanted the cranberries to stuff every bite of this oatmeal!


P.S. YES, that's real snow! Several inches pummeled us over the weekend. This was the first few minutes of the snowfall, before it became downright miserable. Doesn't it make a lovely picture?

Cranberry Baked Oatmeal

by The Oatmeal Artist
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • pinch of allspice (optional, could replace with nutmeg)
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/3 cup milk of choice
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp maple syrup (I used only 1/2 a tsp)
  • 1/2 cup fresh cranberries (or more)
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a single-serving ramekin with non-stick spray.
  2. In a large bowl, add milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
  3. In another bowl, combine dry ingredients: oats, cinnamon, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt. Once mixed, add to wet ingredients and stir until combined.
  4. Stir in fresh cranberries.
  5. Transfer to the ramekin and bake for 22-25 minutes.
Powered by Recipage


**You can also find hundreds of other oatmeal recipes (as well as tons of other meatless recipes) on my Pinterest account!  You can also like The Oatmeal Artist on Facebook. Thanks!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...