Saturday, April 12, 2014

Oatmeal Recipes for Lemon Lovers

Whenever spring rolls around, my porridge palette changes. My craving for peanut butter-laden recipes dwindles slightly, and I suddenly desire bright and fresh flavors. Suddenly, the bottle of lemon extract becomes my favorite ingredient and gets moved to the front of the shelf. Does anyone else experience a similar phenomenon?

To celebrate these warmer days and sunnier afternoons, here are my five favorite lemon recipes on the blog. If you haven't done so yet, you should really invest in some lemon extract. I found mine at Whole Foods. :)

Oatmeal Recipes for Lemon Lovers




My favorite. I think this recipe is truly what solidified my love
for lemony recipes. There is something about the lemon-and-coconut combo
that is just outstanding. However, this is actually just a standard lemon oatmeal
with a coconut topping; you can play around with this using a variety
of toppings! See also: Lemon Kiwi and Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal.




Odd? Not really. It may seem odd in theory, but once you taste it, you'll
see that these flavors are meant to be together. Thyme can do magical
things, especially when paired with fruit! (Not vegan.)


Lemon Poppy Seed Oatmeal 
(Baked or Stove Top)


Who doesn't love lemon poppy seed muffins? Well, I guess I didn't like them
for the first couple decades of my life...but I eventually came around. :) This
post actually contains two recipes: one for a baked version, and another for a stove top version!
 See also: Lemon Poppy Seed Oatcakes and Lemon Poppy Seed Oat Muffins.




If you like your oats baked, this is a great option for you. The recipe calls for
fresh lemons to make the oatmeal extra fresh and invigorating.




And finally, I'll end with a recipe for my overnight fans (I know there are
many of you!). Although it's more difficult to hide the banana flavor in
an overnight recipe, this oatmeal is still delightfully refreshing and lemony.
Psst...if you add poppy seeds to this recipe, you'll have an easy
and lovely overnight jar of Lemon Poppy Seed Oats!

    **You can also find hundreds of other oatmeal recipes (as well as tons of other meatless recipes) on my Pinterest account!  You can also like The Oatmeal Artist on Facebook. Thanks!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...