Thursday, May 15, 2014

Blue Raspberry Overnight Oatmeal

Can I get a high five for two overnight recipes two Thursdays in a row?


I found while making this recipe that the color of raspberries is far more potent than the color of blueberries. On my first attempt, I was stunned to see the vibrant red color of my blueberry-raspberry mixture. However, after sitting in the fridge overnight, the oatmeal mellowed out into a calm blue (like in the pictures).

This recipe is super with a dollop of lemon curd. :)

Blue Raspberry Overnight Oatmeal

by The Oatmeal Artist
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 0 min
Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1/2 cup milk of choice
  • 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
  • 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
  • 1/2 tsp lemon juice (optional)
  • 1/4 cup quick cook steel-cut oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
  • 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
  • pinch of salt
Instructions
  1. Combine milk (I used almond milk), blueberries, raspberries, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. (It might look red at first, but mine turned blue overnight.)
  2. Combine berry mixture and remaining ingredients in a mason jar.
  3. Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
  4. Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours). Eat cold or warm up in the microwave!
Powered by Recipage


**You can also find hundreds of other oatmeal recipes (as well as tons of other meatless recipes) on my Pinterest account!  You can also like The Oatmeal Artist on Facebook. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Nice recipe! It's good for the breakfast as well as if you are dieting. I would suggest to boil the oatmeals before adding to the recipe to give it a better taste.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...