Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tropical Oatmeal

This recipe is so obvious that it's almost embarrassing that I haven't posted it yet. I have so many tropical-themed recipes, but why not combine them all into one fabulous breakfast?


Mango, pineapple, and coconut were obvious choices, but my decision to include banana was a last-minute addition. I don't know about you, but I always forget bananas are a tropical fruit.


Also, toasted coconut is everything to me right now. I used to save it for special occasions because I thought it was too time-consuming, but that was absurd. First of all, it takes no more than four minutes to toast a handful of coconut. (This means the only downfall is having to wash another pan. Worth it.)


Tropical Oatmeal

by The Oatmeal Artist
Prep Time: 2 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1 cup milk of choice, or water (I recommend coconut milk)
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
  • 1/2 cup diced pineapple
  • 1/2 cup diced mango
  • pinch of salt
  • coconut for topping
  • sliced banana for topping (optional)
Instructions
  1. Bring milk (I use 1/2 c coconut milk and 1/2 c water) to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to medium. (If you'd like to add a teaspoon of flax or chia seeds, do so now.)
  2. Add pineapple and mango immediately. Add a pinch of salt. Stir.
  3. When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Add a splash of your milk of choice, coconut (I used toasted coconut flakes), sliced banana, and any other additional toppings (kiwi, papaya, passionfruit, nuts, etc.).
Powered by Recipage


**You can also find hundreds of other oatmeal recipes (as well as tons of other meatless recipes) on my Pinterest account!  You can also like The Oatmeal Artist on Facebook. Thanks!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...