Saturday, June 14, 2014

Most Popular Recipes!

I work in a data-based school, which means we are constantly collecting and analyzing data about our students' progress to guide our decisions to further their growth. Although I am not a fan of over-testing kids, the past two years have definitely converted me to a believer in the value of data.

This is true of my blog as well. I love studying page views, "favorites" and "repins," and Instagram trends. Considering how frequently people tell me they enjoy my blog but don't know where to start, this post might help you decide what to try first! :)

Most Favorited on FoodGawker 

I had to list these first, considering how honored I am every single time one of my recipes is published here. Whenever a post is "successful" here, it's the dairy-free icing on the vegan cake. According to my observations, the FoodGawker community will gravitate to the most aesthetically pleasing or "fanciest" recipes, as opposed to healthy or easy. Here are my most favorited recipes on FoodGawker:


5. Salted Brownie Baked Oatmeal: Revisited - Favorited 180 times

4. Bananas Foster Oatmeal - Favorited 183 times

3. Apple Pie Steel Cut Oatmeal - Favorited 211 times

2. Elvis Oatcake Stack - Favorited 239 times

1. Choco-Banana Oatcakes with PB Mousse - Favorited 284 times



Most Repinned on Pinterest

Frustratingly, I cannot track every single time something is repinned on Pinterest from other people's pins; I can only track when people repin MY pins. Thus, this data was taken from my own Pinterest board, The Oatmeal Artist. Compared to FoodGawkers, Pinners are less picky about aesthetics and more interested in EASE and CHOCOLATE. :) Here are my top five most repinned recipes on Pinterest:


5. Brownie Batter Oatmeal - Repinned 320 times

4. Tiramisu Overnight Oatmeal Repinned 327 times

3. Cookie Dough Overnight Oatmeal - Repinned 343 times

2. Chocolate Banana Overnight Oatmeal - Repinned 410 times

1. Peanut Butter & Banana Baked Oatmeal - Repinned 872 times


Coming soon... Most Liked on Facebook!

**You can also find hundreds of other oatmeal recipes (as well as tons of other meatless recipes) on my Pinterest account!  You can also like The Oatmeal Artist on Facebook. Thanks!


5 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog today and I love it! Thanks for sharing your recipes with us :)

    Love from Germany, ina

    Visit me at Petite Saigon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why these recipes have been so popular. Tiramisu oatmeal? I have to try that. :) Everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with those Pinteresters; chocolate oatmeal is phenomenal! How on earth do you keep on coming up with new ideas? I read on your about page, you're a fellow Harry Potter fan. Is there any possibility of creating a butter beer oatmeal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've considered it! It would be difficult replicating a butterscotch flavor as a vegan, though. I'm working on it, though. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...