Thursday, July 31, 2014

Grape and Dark Chocolate Chunk Muesli

...Because chocolate chunks are just plain better than chocolate chips.

Although most of my favorite food blogs are vegan (or at least vegetarian), I take inspiration from all food lifestyles. I check FoodGawker at least twice every day and browse until I have viewed each new recipe, and I know the times of the day that the site is usually updated. It might be an addiction...


Ever since I "met" Haley from Cheap Recipe Blog, hers is one of the sites that I often find inspiration. Recently, she shared a cheap and easy entertaining idea of serving frozen grapes, dark chocolate, and wine for dessert. Um, I love all three of those things, so YES.


Too lazy to actually host a dinner party, I just froze some grapes and then ate it with dark chocolate...by myself, because that's how I roll. Needless to say, it was a beautiful combination, and I immediately added "grape & dark chocolate muesli" to my oatmeal to-do list. Thanks for the idea, Haley!


Obviously, you can swap in chocolate chips, but there is something inexplicably special about a chopped up chocolate bar...

Oh, and I bet you're wondering who won the giveaway?!

Gluten-free steel-cut oats: Diane M.
Gluten-free old-fashioned oats: Donna F.
Single-serve steel cut, maple & brown sugar: Michele
Single-serve steel cut, apple spice: Trevor W.

These people will be receiving an email from me, and Country Choice Organic and I will make sure you receive your oats!


HUGE thank you to EVERYONE who entered my first giveaway! :) It will not be the last.

Grape & Dark Chocolate Chunk Muesli

by The Oatmeal Artist
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 0 min
Ingredients (serves 1)
  • 1/2 cup rolled or quick oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
  • red or purple grapes, halved
  • dark chocolate, chopped
  • sliced or slivered almonds
Instructions
  1. Toss all ingredients together.
  2. Serve with milk or yogurt of choice (I used original almond milk). You can either eat immediately or let it sit and soak for a few minutes.
Powered by Recipage


**You can also find hundreds of other oatmeal recipes (as well as tons of other meatless recipes) on my Pinterest account!  You can also like The Oatmeal Artist on Facebook. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. There is no doubt that Grape and Dark Chocolate Chunk Muesli contains superfood chocolate qualities. And you know this is healthy and good for our body.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...